Private beta update: View photos from within Bento Cam!
Are you ready? The third Bento Cam beta update is here! We’ve been hard at work this summer to make Bento Cam your go-to camera/photo organising app and this is the biggest thing we are introducing this version: you can now view ALL photos in Bento Cam. This means that if you take photos and save to a third party service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you will be able to finally see them from within the app and share them as a collection or individual photos to your favourite places like iMessage, Facebook or Instagram! Here are a few more fixes and features in this version.
- View ALL your photos in the app (including those uploaded to Dropbox/Google Drive)
- Zoom individual photos while in camera or collection view to get a clearer image
- Enjoy new, less distracting confirmations that drop down from the top of the screen
- See how many photos you have in each collection
- Select multiple photos to share and delete within collections
- Stabilised camera sensitivity, so photos keep intended portrait or landscape mode
- New animation when you create a new collection
- Improved overall stability, UI and fixed bugs
Most frequently asked questions:
- Are my photos saved in the original quality? Yes they are! We don’t want to compromise on the quality! So the original photo you take from your phone is the version that is saved to your phone as well as to third party services such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Who can see my photos? Only you and the people you share folders with through Google Drive and Dropbox. Bento Cam doesn’t store any of your photos locally and has no access to them. The only reason we ask for access is so that we have the permission to save your photos to your iOS albums as well as retrieve them in order to show them to you again in your collection view.
- Can I change the location of photos in collection settings? It is only possible to change the name and colour of a collection for now. Changing the location takes a bit of work to manage photos and exporting them for the user on the backend, but it is definitely in the pipeline! But you can certainly export them.
To our beloved beta testers, to get the latest Bento Cam update, please check our email for an update from TestFlight or open the TestFlight app directly!
And as always, if you have any questions at all, please check out more on our FAQ page or reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org we are always happy to hear from you! Or if you are just anxious to try the app, feel free to join our beta by clicking here.
Happy photo taking!
Co-founder, Bento Cam